Skip to Content

Condemnation/ Eminent Domain Proceedings

Many people are shocked to discover that the government can-- and will-- take their property for certain governmental projects. These projects might include highways, road expansions, schools, access routes, or even some private developments. Surrendering your property for such public uses can sometimes be daunting and very frustrating. 

Rest assured, however, that you have rights. The government must compensate you for your land, or even for the “use” of the land that it takes from you. In certain situations, the government must also compensate you for imposing regulations that have a disproportionate or unfair impact on your land. Getting fair compensation in these instances is where we can step in and help.